Saturday 10 March 2018

ORA by Sarah

Hello ladies!

Hope you're all having a splendid weekend!
Its the usual Sunday afternoon for me, at home with my Netflix.

It doesn't feel like a weekend when my husband's not home. He's at work today and he'll be home tomorrow so it's just me and my Netflix all Sunday long! Anyway, I promised to talk about my baby brand and new fashion line ORA to you all so let's get started!

ORA was officially registered on the 1st of March 2018. That was when I decided to officially launch my online store and have my small company registered under Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM).
I have been thinking about the idea of having my own company as a side business for awhile now. It's been almost a year but I never had the  time   courage to start! Not knowing the loops and heaps can be overwhelming for someone who's just starting. Plus, I'm not the kind who's super critical when it comes to analysing a business, viewing its market strategies, what more doing allll of that for my own brand. But, I took the courage. I took the chance and just leaped off the cliff.

You know what they say, there's no looking back now!

The reason I was also super careful about starting my own business was because I've always seen this as a side thing and juggling between the business and my full time job can actually be pretty overwhelming. But I thought to myself, if not now, when?

That was when I decided to take the risk and just go for it.  And so I did.

Just weeks before registering ORA, I started sketching prototypes of the pieces I would like to have in my brand. I was brainstorming ideas with my husband and family and with all ideas listed, I finally decided to launch my very first collection based on a design very close to my heart. I decided to design pieces inspired by the well known traditional wear,

Baju Kedah 💞


The reason I chose this as my inspiration is because of my family. We originated from up north. I grew up knowing my great grandmother loved wearing Baju Kedah. It was practically her everyday wear and I tell you, her vintage shots looked so fly back then! She looked so good in those pieces. Looking back at those photos made we want to recreate such pieces and make it trendy again. It seemed just perfect as the first launch. The collection that inspired the origin of ORA.

So, with that, ORA started with only 5 pieces of different motives, an iPhone, a model (ME) and a photographer (HUSBY) with an outdoor background (just about anywhere with good lighting!). It was just us two, with a vision. A vision to make this happen.

We were on vacation in Boracay recently so we took the chance and brought all 5 pieces and shot every piece on different days while we were there. We were editing the shots and posting it as we went along. It was even a good time for me to fully feel the material of my clothes, the quality and the wear as a whole. It really gave me a good idea on what I wanted in this collection and the next.
I made sure all photos were properly edited. The details of the clothes were visible in the shots and the flow of the pieces were captured.

When we got back from Boracay, I got down to business and started working on our official website. I started exploring options related to the website design, look and the business management aspect different web designers were providing. It took me awhile to decide on a service. After all the research and googling, I finally decided to launch our official website on shopify.com. with our very own domain name! www.oraklstore.com

The other huge hurdles we had to consider were the finances and banking aspects of our items. The shipping flow and the overall management of the business. We had gotten some advice from a few of our friends who were experts in the field and had a plan set up within days. Alhamdulillah. So with that, we were ready to get down to business.

Imagine how thrilled I was seeing it all come together. I immediately contacted my tailor and had all the designs shipped to her. The materials were posted and we were finally up and running.
We plan to launch our first collection very soon with hopes to celebrate the Raya season with our pieces for ready wear.

Being new, we sincerely hope our efforts would bring fruit and ORA will one day be known worldwide as a brand that celebrates tradition yet embraces modern style. We thank you for your support!






Visit us on Insta @ora.kl and www.oraklstore.com.
Stay tuned for our Raya collection!

Signing out,
Sarah






No comments:

Post a Comment